Thursday, May 24, 2012

An Office at a Price

I recently started a new position at work so I have been incredibly busy and neglecting a few parts of my life, trip planning is one and this blog is another. I thought I would take a few minutes away from my constantly ringing phone to catch you up, but there's not a lot going on on my side so instead I am going to make an impassioned plea for donations. 
That's right, if you remember this trip is not only a super cool opportunity to see a new part of the world but it is also a super cool opportunity for YOU and I to make a difference in our friends, families, neighbors, and acquaintances lives.
  • In 2008, over 616,000 people died of heart disease. Heart disease caused almost 25% of deaths—almost one in every four—in the United States.
  • Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women.
  • Every year about 785,000 Americans have a first coronary attack. Another 470,000 who have already had one or more coronary attacks have another attack.
  • In 2010, coronary heart disease alone was projected to cost the United States $108.9 billion. This total includes the cost of health care services, medications, and lost productivity.
 When trying to decide what organization our group would help it was challenging because there are so many different causes so I did what any child of the computer age would do, I "goggled it". Coming to find out that Heart Disease is the number one killer of all people in the US was a shock. I thought surely AIDS or car accidents were the menace of our great nation but now it's clear my cardiovascular system, your ticker OUR hearts are killing America.
Fear not, there is a force at work to combat the evils of heart disease. The American Heart Association has tirelessly worked for the past 98 years to help end Heart Disease. We can help by making donations and that is precisely what I am asking from you now. I would like YOU to call/text/email/send smoke signals/send a letter to your rider (Will, Katrina, or Zach) and make a pledge to them. This pledge will say that you will donate pennies per mile ridden as we travel through Europe. Help us make this trip even more amazing than it already is. And if this weren't enough I'll also throw in a custom postcard sent to you from a distant land. Don't delay, call today but remember do not send us money, you will be able to donate directly to AHA at the end of our trip. I look forward to hearing from you all!

And a quick closing from the Doctor.


KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

So...
be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!



Remember we are all in this together and we can make a difference together.


Much Mahalo
Will

No comments:

Post a Comment